We Are Here for Those Most Vulnerable This Winter
This winter is expected to be one of the deadliest for millions around the world as communities in extreme poverty struggle to deal with the bitter weather conditions. But for the 685 million people living in extreme poverty, survival could be as simple as a winter blanket - help us help those most in need this winter.
You Were There Last Winter for people like Muhammad Khan
For 90-year-old Muhammad Khan, of Neelum Valley, Kashmir, the harsh winter months bring with them a sense of dread. Mr. Khan, who has a physical disability, lives in a mud house along with his wife and eight children - they don’t have any source of regular income and collect alms from local people to survive. The house they live in was partially damaged with huge cracks in the roof and walls. It was constantly at risk of collapse, especially during the winter when heavy rains hit the village. Muhammad shared his fears with Penny Appeal that one day the house would collapse, and the family would be buried under it.
The family were delighted to receive winter materials and shelter reinforcement from Penny Appeal. Mr Khan was very grateful to Penny Appeal and said that it had taken a big burden off his shoulders.
Thank you for your support - your donation will help families like Muhammad Khan's to survive the winter.
Help us Be There This Winter
Countries In Need This Winter
We Are Here for Those Who Need Us RIGHT NOW!
Millions of people from all corners of the world are suffering from severe poverty and displacement. War, famine, poverty, and disaster have taken away the basic life-saving necessities that many of us take for granted.
Their lack of food, clothing, fuel, and shelter will make it extremely difficult to survive this bitter season, and with the rise in living costs and soaring inflation, this winter is expected to be one of the toughest on record for those most vulnerable.
This winter, we are here for:
- The 1.5 million Palestinians who have had their homes destroyed by relentless violence over the past months, who will feel the impact of winter like never before.
- The 6.6 million Moroccans who had their lives torn apart by September’s devastating earthquake.
- The 2.5 million children across Turkey, many of whom are Syrian refugees, who are at greater risk of impoverishment in the aftermath of February’s earthquake.
- The 33 million people affected by the devastating Pakistan floods of 2022, who are still struggling to rebuild their lives.
- Afghanistan’s 3.2 million displaced individuals, many of whom are homeless.
- The 24.1 million people in Yemen at risk of hunger and disease.
For as little as £30 you could keep a family safe, warm and protected the bitter winter season. Please donate today, Jazak’Allah.
Penny Appeal will endeavour to use your gift as requested, wherever possible. If for any reason we cannot use your donation as you have indicated, we will use it to fund similar projects in other countries or other projects in the relevant country. Penny Appeal’s strategic overview and on the ground experience means it is in the best position to decide how to meet need as it arises.