Penny Appeal Jobs
Our current roles are listed below. If you would like to make a speculative application, please send a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also join our volunteer family. Visit our #TeamOrange page for more details.
Customer Relationship Manager
Find out more about the Customer Relationship Manager role and how to apply
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Penny Appeal, we are looking for a talented individual to lead our eCRM strategy. We are on a journey to understand our donors more through building relationships. We are willing to try new and creative ideas led by our new teams to challenge the status quo and disrupt where we can in the online space. We are looking for good people to fit in an organization that cares about what it does and is mindful of the welfare of its staff and teams.
As the CRM Exec in this position, you will be a key point of knowledge in this area, assist multiple departments get to grips with the basics of the donor lifecycle. This will include educating on RFM segmentation basics, targeted tests and utilisation of tools that you can bring to the role. Beyond that it will be up to you to decide what direction and strategy to follow. Hand hold the donors’ experience and from first time donation to multiple donations. You will make the donor lifecycle relevant, engaging and drive incremental donations for these donors.
The key responsibilities of the CRM Executive will be:
- Plan, manage and deliver a CRM strategy, leveraging HubSpot, bespoke tools and customer understanding to improve acquisition, conversion, and retention of customers across the charity.
- Working closely with the call centre team to repurpose and re-engage and interest and enquiries from the leads that are generated
- Lead the role of Email and SMS in the delivery of campaigns
- Develop, plan and execute customer journeys for each campaign – including but not restricted to onboarding, data base building, customer satisfaction, regular outreach etc.
- Co-ordinating the communication of launches, specific campaigns and regular BAU.
- To segment and identify various customer groups within the databases, so that targeted campaigns can be run effectively.
- Ensure the growth of the database always outweighs any loss
- Monitor Performance and reporting of key CRM metrics
- Key data segmentation and management (strategic level and hands on)
- Educate and apply RFM and LTV strategies, execution methods and tools.
- Briefing designers and collaborating with marketers to implement marketing communications cross multiple channels including site, email and social and tailoring communications
- Improve customer return rates and repeat purchase rates for existing donors
- Optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns. Measure, evaluate and report on success
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities for maximizing donor value
- Set-up and help manage eCRM programmes (Strategic and hands on)
- Advise and assist on donor loyalty programme where appropriate
- Be passionate about the UX and donor journey to maximise revenue from loyal customers
- Help develop Penny Appeal best practice framework to apply across appeals
- Manage budgets by campaign and advise operationally
- Assist on eCRM calendars and ensure these ties in with marketing activity
- Understand tactics and technologies can be used to drive loyalty as well as where and when certain loyalty type programs are not suitable.
- Assist with innovation and development of subscription models
- On top of current trends and best practice in this area and interested sharing knowledge with wider team
Person Specification – CRM Executive
Educated to degree or HND level - E
Good commercial awareness of ecommerc - E
Significant senior marketing and communications experience, leading the marketing and communications function of aorganisation. - E
Ability to manage multiple streams of activity and priorities those yielding the biggest gains for the business - E
Understanding of key marketing metrics including ROI / CPA / RFM / LTV with a good head for numbers. - E
Build and innovate operational frameworks to scale capabilities - E
Minimum oor more years’ experience iCRM - E
Ability to work well under pressure and maintain close attention to detail. -
Knowledge & Skill
Excellent IT and Media softwarskills - E
Ability to problem solve in an effective manner - E
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal - E
Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines. - E
Excellent project management skills - D
Ability to work in partnership with other teams but with the presence to introduce innovation - E
Strong influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate agreement on expectations and outcomes in a busy environment, with changing priorities - E
Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects with overlapping milestones - E
A strong understanding of the charity sector and international NGO work. - E
Passionate about making data-driven decisions - E
Have an understanding of the British Muslim charity secto - D
Thought leadership, ability to align marketing strategies with overall charity objectives -
To uphold and behave in accordance with the organisation’s corvalues (currently under review) - D
A professional and flexible approach to work - E
Commitment to promoting equality and diversity in what we do - E
Strong self- motivatioand self-development - E
Salary Scale: £26,000 - £28,000
Closing Date: 17th December 202
This post is subject to satisfactory clearance of a DBS disclosure.
Find out more about the HR Officer role and how to apply
HR Officer – Ref: HRO210
HR Officer Responsibilities:
As our HR Officer you will work across the organisation, supporting the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) in providing a comprehensive, proactive, customer focused, solution-led human resources support and advisory service to the organisation, that takes account of emerging business needs and ensures consistent and fair practices are applied. Advising on operational people issues in particular on the involvement of managers and staff in delivering exceptional performance and continuous improvement to service delivery.
HR Officer Requirements:
We are looking for someone that is highly engaging, capable of developing relationships quickly with staff and managers at all levels of the organisation. Someone with excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal. They will have the ability to work under pressure, both in a team and autonomously.
About the Company:
Penny Appeal is an award-winning international charity offering a range of life-saving humanitarian and development focused solutions in over 30-crisis hit countries. As one of the fastest growing charities in the sector, we have transformed countless numbers of lives and empowered communities around the globe helping to break the poverty cycle through our simple vision; taking your small change and making a big difference. The organisation is going through a period of change; the successful candidate will be instrumental in ensuring this is managed in a positive and engaging way.
This is a truly great opportunity to make your mark and be part of creating something amazing!
Location: Wakefield – West Yorkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: circa £26k per annum plus benefits
Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive 24 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays), staff member store discount, company sick pay and pension scheme membership…. and of course the satisfaction of knowing that what you do is making a difference!
How to apply: Please send your CV, together with a summary of no more than two sides of A4, detailing how you meet the criteria for the role to: Jobs@pennyappeal.org
Closing date: Friday 11th December 2020.
- To deliver a proactive HR service to staff providing clear, consistent support, advice and guidance in a timely manner on a variety of HR matters.
- To build and maintain strong working relationships with staff and managers across the organisation, taking an active and accountable role influencing decision making on a range of operational matters.
- Schedule and attend appropriate management meetings to pro-actively discuss HR casework and operational matters, provide management information required for monitoring key HR performance indicators and to flag key issues to be addressed.
- Manage the Administrator in the absence of the HRBP.
- Ensure policies, procedures and guidelines are consistently up to date and available to all staff on relevant platforms. I.e. Teams etc.
- Support the HRBP in guiding and supporting managers through employee relations issues i.e. disciplinary, grievance, capability, sickness absence.
- Provide accurate and up to date management information to managers on a regular basis
- Ensure information held on management information systems/benefits platforms etc. are consistently accurate and up to date
- With support from the HRBP, provide coaching to increase confidence of managers in handling staff performance and formal casework issues.
- To undertake projects as directed by with the HRBP
- Work in partnership with relevant colleagues to continuously raise the profile of HR and ensure a consistent and proactive service is achieved.
- Support the development and improvement of HR process, policies and procedures to support the continuous improvement of the HR service.
- Provide support to the recruitment and selection of employees including working with managers to agree recruitment activity, provide advice and attend interviews as and when needed.
- Attend relevant focus groups / committees and feedback relevant information to the HR team, as required.
- To ensure professional knowledge and sector knowledge is updated regularly.
General duties and responsibilities
- To provide a helpful, professional and flexible service to internal or external customers of the department or the organisation.
- To act in accordance with organisation values and positively represent Penny Appeal in all aspects of your work.
- To operate in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- To act in a safe manner which safeguards the health and safety of yourself and others.
- To be aware of equality and diversity and the needs of customers and demonstrate these principles in all aspects of your work.
- To participate in and take responsibility for your own learning and development
- To provide cover or support for other members of your team and undertake any other duties required by your line manager appropriate to your position within the organisation.
NOTE: Please be aware that the duties and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive, nor are they shown in the order of priority or frequency. They may be varied from time to time after consultation with the post holder. You may, from time to time, be required to work evenings, Saturdays or on a Sunday
Linux Systems Administrator /DBA
Find out more about the Linux Systems Administrator /DBA role and how to apply
Penny Appeal are looking for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to fill a new full time, permenant role at Penny Appeal, Wakefield.
Your day to day role will be around responding to support tickets which are more complicated than a normal service desk, so you will need to be able to accurately troubleshoot complex technical problems and work close with the development team to resolve such issues.
As an experienced Linux Systems Administrator/DBA you will have most of the following skills:
- Must come from a Systems Administration background, with strong Linux experience (Centos) of at least 3 years in a production environment
- Experience of monitoring and maintaining various systems, Databases, infrastructure, and software
- Resolving relevant technical issues reported by the internal team at 3rd line
- Excellent working knowledge of MariaDB (MySQL) configured using Galera Cluster with MaxScale load balancing
- Good documentation skills for processes and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of OpenLDAP, NGINX, Websphere
- Understanding of Bitbucket and GitHub
- Understanding and exposure to PHP programming languages
- Experience within a Windows Server 2008R2 - 2016 Active Directory environment
If you are interested in this position and wish to speak with the recruiting manager or apply for the role, please email Mike Ryan email@example.com
a copy of your CV, your availability for interview and a covering letter on why you feel you are suitable for this role.
Thank you for your interest at working at Penny Appeal.
Find out more about the Logistics Driver role and how to apply
Job title: Logistics Driver
Responsible to: Community Services Manager
Hours: Permanent (Part-time 16 hours per week)
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Based at: Wakefiel
Recruitment Manager: Sarah Ashraf
The Logistics driver will be a core member of the UK Programmes team. The driver will be responsible for supporting the charity’s day to day activities, and any emergency aid work, by ensuring goods are delivered to our partners across 5 regions within the UK. The Logistics driver will be accountable for loading the Van in the Warehouse in Wakefield, West Yorkshire and delivering the Van back to its base once the delivery is complete.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To work closely with UK Programmes Coordinatoto ensure appropriate logistical support on key deliverables.
- To manage all deliveries and contractor arrangements in line with policy and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective communication, both verbal and written, internally and externally.
- Make deliveries to the following regions, Yorkshire and the Humber, North West, West Midlands, East of England, and London.
- Maintain the vehicle and reporting any faults.
- To load and unload the Van with appropriate stock such as, food parcels, hygiene kits, gifts, blankets, sandbags etc.
- Participate in meetings associated with the work above or as required.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as per the company handbook, health and safety requirements, confidentiality, and other management systems.
- Current UK driving licence. Licence must not have more than 6 points.
- At least 1 years’ experience driving on a professional basis.
- Excellent interpersonal (written and oral) communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Respectful of the views and opinions of others
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends when required
- To have a willingness to partake on appropriate training as required
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Over the age of 25 – for insurance purposes
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time.
This post is subject to satisfactory clearance of a DBS disclosure.
About Penny Appeal
Penny Appeal was formed in 2009 and its projects reach over 30 crisis-hit countries worldwide, offering water solutions, supporting orphan and elderly care, providing food, delivering healthcare and emergency aid and even building schools and orphanages. Penny Appeal’s way of doing charity is simple and has a massive impact – by making charitable, giving affordable and rewardable small change can make a big difference.
If you would like to speak to the recruiting manager or apply for this role please contact Sarah Ashraf on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working for Penny Appeal.