The Gift that Keeps on Giving: The Endless Benefits of Sadaqah Jariyah
‘When someone dies, their deeds come to an end except for three things: Sadaqah Jariyah (continuing charity), knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for them.’ Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)
The word ‘Sadaqah’ stems from the Arabic root word ‘sidq’ (s-d-q) ص،د،ق, which relates to sincerity, implying true charity is an act of sincere faith. In literal terms, the term ‘Sadaqah’ refers to a voluntary form of charity that is carried out for the sole purpose of pleasing our Lord (SWT).
A Sadaqah Jariyah refers a ‘continuous’ or ‘flowing’ charity. So, while giving Sadaqah benefits the receiver on one occasion, a Sadaqah Jariyah is act of charity that continuously gives benefit. Like planting a seed, it continues to grow and give and this mirrors the rewards you receive too.
For as long as you live and long after you are gone, you will be continuously receiving rewards as long as your Sadaqah Jariah is continuing to bring benefits. Your act of generosity is like a seed that continues to give hope, bear fruit and leave a legacy that you can be proud of. Now imagine how much more reward you could unveil by giving a Sadaqah Jariyah in the blessed month of Ramadan, and particularly in the last 10 nights!
Our beloved Messenger (ﷺ) was the most generous of people and it is said he was most generous in the month of Ramadan. Don’t let this month pass by without investing in your hereafter and giving all that you can give.
What are the benefits of Sadaqah Jariyah?
- It is a way of purifying the soul and seeking forgiveness for our sins.
- It banishes the influence of evil eye and removes calamity.
- It will be a great source of relief on the Day of Judgement.
- It is an investment in this life and our afterlife, opening the gates of Paradise to the charitable believers.
- It is a way of increasing wealth and overall blessings in one’s life.
- It is a way to earn continuous rewards beyond the grave.
- It brings about a sense of internal peace, knowing that we are benefitting the wider Ummah for generations to come, with a single act of kindness.
Don’t miss out on these amazing rewards! Here are a few ideas to help you invest in your life to come:
- Build a water well, in your name or on behalf of a loved one, with our Thirst Relief appeal; you can provide clean drinkable water to those in need for years to come.
- Build a home in Jannah with our Mosque Project and bring worshippers together to learn and pray, on their lifelong journey to Allah (SWT).
- Sponsor a Hifz Orphan with us today; fulfil an orphan's every need and restore their dignity with faith, transforming future generations forever.
- Plant an olive tree in the Holy Land of Palestine and provide long-term sustainable relief to vulnerable families in crisis for years to come.
Allah (SWT) is the Most Generous and wants us to draw closer to Him in every way possible this Ramadan. Never belittle the smallest of good deeds or the smallest of charity – even if it’s just sharing this article with friends and family.
Give a gift that truly keeps giving. Donate a Sadaqah Jariyah today
‘Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a reward like one who did it’. [Muslim].
SATURDAY 23 APR 2022