Sunday 22 August 2021
Join Team Orange for The Big Half this August!
The Big Half takes place on Sunday 22nd August; so get your running shoes on for a BIG half marathon of 13.1 miles across the most iconic sights of London, alongside 13,000 runners of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
The route will take you from Tower Bridge, all the way along the river to Canary Wharf, across the River Thames and round to the finish line at the famous Cutty Sark in Greenwich, where you can enjoy the free Vitality Big Festival!
Crossing the finish line of The Big Half will be a great achievement, and it’ll be made even better by the fact that you’ll be raising funds to help support our Emergency Response campaign. Every penny you raise will go towards helping people survive in the most terrifying situations of their lives; war, famine and natural disasters.
Celebrate the dynamism and diversity of the great city of London, whilst raising essential funds for people to survive disaster and war.
Sign up today to The Big Half Marathon for just £25!
Registration £25 Minimum Sponsorship £100
Why join #TeamOrange?
We’ll be with you throughout the whole experience, from the moment you sign up to the moment you cross the finish line. We'll give you all the support and encouragement we can - whenever, and wherever you need it!
Join us and you will receive…
A unique #TeamOrange technical running vest or t-shirt
#TeamOrange fundraising pack & advice from our friendly & experienced fundraising team
Online forum to meet fellow #TeamOrange Big Half Marathon runners
Opportunities to volunteer with #TeamOrange and take part in various other campaigns, events, and sponsored challenges; including mountain climbs, sky dives, international challenges etc.
Your fundraising could make all the difference...
Penny Appeal always strives to respond to global disasters and emergencies as they happen, but more importantly, we are always working to grow our capacity. This means delivering aid quicker, better and towards a more sustainable impact, benefitting more people than ever before.
The funds you raise are absolutely critical in our ability to act fast during a crisis.
War, famine, disease, poverty & climate change have immobilised communities in Myanmar, Syria, Yemen, Gaza, Indonesia and East Africa, and Penny Appeal need your support to be able to deploy life-saving medical aid, food, clothing, sanitation and shelter to those who've been left incredibly vulnerable.
Our teams are currently providing support in:
- Indonesia - Over 2,000 people have lost their lives, after the coastal city of Palu was rocked by a 7.5 magnitude earthquake. This was then followed by a volcanic tsunami, killing over 400 people and leaving thousands seriously injured
- Syria and neighbouring countries - where refugees are battling to survive
- Yemen - where civilians are targeted amidst conflict, faced with famine and struggling to receive medical treatment for Cholera
- Myanmar - where Rohingya communities are being persecuted
- Palestine - where people are living amid conflict
- Bangladesh - Helping victims of the Sunamganj Floods and providing essential aid to Rohingya refugees
- Areas affected by the famine East Africa, such as Somalia, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Kenya
We will ask you to set up a fundraising page and we will send you fundraising formalities via email after you have signed up
You can also make the most of your fundraising and training efforts by sharing your story on social media. Don't forget to tag @teamorangepa for shares!
For more information or queries contact Taksima: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07739 363894.