Cov Half Marathon 2021
As official charity partners of the Coventry Half Marathon 2021, Penny Appeal is offering FREE entry to anyone wishing to run with #TeamOrange.
Walk, jog or run… whatever your age or ability, the Cov Half Marathon is an amazing event which is part of the Coventry Festival of Running 2021, taking you around the city and ending with stunning views of the city centre skyline.
There’s no better feeling than completing a race like the Coventry Half Marathon.
Registration fee: FREE
Minimum sponsorship £100
If you're applying for a charity place, or if you have your own entry and wish to join our team please complete the form above.
Why join #TeamOrange?
We’ll be with you throughout the whole experience; from the moment you sign up to the moment you cross the finish line. All the support and encouragement we can give will be available for you whenever and wherever you need it! There will be some special prizes for the top fundraisers too.
Join us and you will receive:
- A unique #TeamOrange technical running t-shirt or vest
- #TeamOrange fundraising pack & advice from our friendly & experienced fundraising team
- #TeamOrange cheer station to give you all the encouragement & support on race day
- T-shirts, wigs & other cheer material for your friends & family so they can cheer you on in #TeamOrange spirit.
- Invitation to #TeamOrange weekly group training sessions
- Opportunities to volunteer with #TeamOrange and take part in various other campaigns, events, and sponsored challenges; including mountain climbs,
sky dives, international challenges and so much more.
Join #TeamOrange and run for Emergency Relief
Your fundraising could make all the difference...
Penny Appeal always strives to respond to global disasters and emergencies as they happen, but more importantly, we are always working to grow our capacity. This means delivering aid quicker, better and towards a more sustainable impact, benefitting more people than ever before.
The funds you raise are absolutely critical in our ability to act fast during a crisis.
War, famine, disease, poverty & climate change have immobilised communities in Myanmar, Syria, Yemen, Gaza, Indonesia and East Africa, and Penny Appeal need your support to be able to deploy life-saving medical aid, food, clothing, sanitation and shelter to those who've been left incredibly vulnerable.
Our teams are currently providing support in:
- Indonesia - Over 2,000 people have lost their lives, after the coastal city of Palu was rocked by a 7.5 magnitude earthquake. This was then followed by a volcanic tsunami, killing over 400 people and leaving thousands seriously injured
- Syria and neighbouring countries - where refugees are battling to survive
- Yemen - where civilians are targeted amidst conflict, faced with famine and struggling to receive medical treatment for Cholera
- Myanmar - where Rohingya communities are being persecuted
- Palestine - where people are living amid conflict
- Bangladesh - Helping victims of the Sunamganj Floods and providing essential aid to Rohingya refugees
- Areas affected by the famine East Africa, such as Somalia, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Kenya
Get your fundraising off to a flying start by setting up your own JustGiving page to take online donations, which will be sent straight to Penny Appeal. You can also make the most of your fundraising and training efforts by sharing your story on social media. Don't forget to tag @teamorangepa for shares!
For more information or queries contact our Challenges Team: email@example.com or call 07739 363894.
Coventry Half Marathon Route
The 13.1-mile route takes you through Coventry city centre and the countryside beyond. You don’t need to be a seasoned runner to take part – as long as you have the fitness and motivation to finish the course in less than 4 hours, that’s all you need. For more information about the route and timings, visit the race organisers website.