Ramadhan Appeal raises £65k!
Thanks to the generosity of Penny Appeal’s supporters, the charity has raised a total of over £65,000 in its Ramadhan fundraising drive.
The Ramadhan Appeal raised money for five worthy causes, as well as collecting zakat (obligatory charity). The most popular cause amongst donors proved to be the Sponsor an Orphan Appeal.
The Ramadhan fundraising was given a major boost by Penny Appeal’s radio debut on UnityFM, a 24-hour community radio station serving the diverse Muslim population of Birmingham. The show was hosted by Na'eem Raza, and generous listeners and local businesses responded overwhelmingly, raising £20,000.
The causes benefitting from the Ramadhan Appeal funds are:
- Feed the fasting - the provision of a Ramadan food pack to help the poor and needy break their fast;
- Build a home – providing permanent homes to survivors of the 2010 Pakistan floods;
- Sponsor an orphan appeal - providing education to help orphaned children develop the skills they need to make positive changes in their lives and break free from poverty;
- Clean water appeal – funding the provision of safe, clean drinking water to some of the world’s poorest people; and
- Eid gift – ensuring an orphan receives an Eid gift and can celebrate Eid with a smile
WEDNESDAY 28 SEP 2011