10 Reasons to Try Our Muslim Marriage Event
In our hyperconnected society, it should be easy to find someone to settle down with, right?
But the truth is: it’s never been harder.
Lucky for you, Penny Appeal’s Muslim marriage event ‘Say I Do’ is heading to London, Birmingham and Manchester this month!
If you’ve never been to a marriage event before, you might feel a little weird about coming.
But there’s no need to! Here are 10 reasons why…
10 reasons to try out our Muslim marriage event
1. Take control! If you’re tired of well-meaning aunties and uncles making comments about your ringless finger, this is your chance to take back control and actively work on finding happiness.
2. Challenge brings change - The best things in life come with a bit of effort! You have to tie your camel and do everything you can to make marriage happen for you. Then you trust Allah (swt) will give you what’s best.
3. Try something new – Albert Einstein said: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. So if what you’re doing isn’t bringing you any closer to your soulmate, try something new. What have you got to lose?
4. Icebreakers and workshops – Muslim marriage expert Ajmal Masroor is delivering icebreakers, workshops and a talk to help you feel at ease and prepare for the idea of marriage.
5. Women can bring their mahram! Ladies: if you’re feeling a little worried about speaking to men alone, bring your mahram! With your dad, brother, uncle or granddad around, you’ll feel comfortable the entire time you’re there.
6. Keep it halal. Take the pressure off and explore potential possibilities in a halal way. We promise we won’t let you get cosy. We’re keeping it 100% halal!
7. No one is proposing! Relax: we’ve never seen anyone propose during one of our events, though many do eventually get married. Just because you make eye contact with someone across the room *cue love song*, you have our word: you don’t need to make any legally binding commitments on the night!
8. It’s fun. Yes, it really is! Once you get over the idea of it being awkward, it’s actually a really easy way to meet people who have serious marriage potential, simply because everyone’s intentions are crystal clear.
9. No time wasters. You won’t meet any time wasters. Everyone there is attending because they’re ready for marriage. And everybody respects each other for seeking the halal route when, let’s be honest, it’s easy to choose the haraam option.
10. It’s for charity. If the other nine reasons aren’t enough to convince you, maybe knowing this event is in aid of charity will. When you buy your £20 ticket, you’re helping to ensure that pregnant women in Kenya and Pakistan are able to give birth safely. It’s a win-win situation!
But hurry! We’ve already sold out of female tickets for our London event and you don’t want to miss out.
So…are you ready to take the not-so-scary plunge?
Book your spot today for just £20 (£15 if you’re a mahram).
TUESDAY 26 MAR 2019