Join #TeamOrange for the most incredible and iconic running event in the year! Be one of the 40,000 people taking part in one of the most popular marathons in world.
Crossing the finish lines after 26.2 miles could be one of your greatest achievements, made even better by the fact that you’ll be raising funds to give clean, safe water to poor communities. We’ll support you every step of the way, right up until you’re perched on the starting line ready to undergo the most exhilarating race of your life!
The ballot for the London Marathon is now closed. However you could still apply for one of our charity places! Please note that we have limited charity places available, so there will be some competition for spots, and you will be required to fundraise a minimum of £4,000.
If you are successful in your application you will be notified by email, and a £50 registration payment will be required to confirm your entry. Please do not pay this until your place has been confirmed.
If you have your own place, we’d love to have you on the team. You’ll have no minimum sponsorship target but we’ll be in touch to help you make a big difference with your fundraising.
Why join #TeamOrange?
We’ll be with you throughout the whole experience, from the moment you sign up to the moment you cross the finish line. All the support and encouragement we can give will be available for you whenever, and wherever you need it!
Join us and you will receive…
- A unique #TeamOrange technical running vest or t-shirt
- #TeamOrange fundraising pack & advice from our friendly & experienced fundraising team
- Online forum to meet fellow #TeamOrange London Marathon runners
- #TeamOrange cheer station to give you all the encouragement & support on race day
- Balloons, t-shirts, wristbands, wigs & much more for your friends & family so they can cheer you on in #Team Orange spirit
- Invitation to #TeamOrange group training sessions
- Marathon “Party” on the eve of race day.
- Opportunities to volunteer with #TeamOrange and take part in various other campaigns, events, and sponsored challenges; including mountain climbs, sky dives, international challenges etc.
Your fundraising could make all the difference...
Next year you can run the Virgin Money London Marathon to fund the construction of an entire water well that will serve a community day in, day out, providing them with fresh, clean water. We all know that water is an essential need – but as well as being integral to stay hydrated, it is also indispensable to feed livestock and other animals so a regular source of income can be maintained, paving way for the freedom of self-sufficiency we take for granted.