Sunday 31st May 2020
Walk, jog or run the Great Birmingham 10K this Ramadan for Emergency Relief.
Experience a running event like no other on the streets of the undisputed second city, and remember, no matter how you get to the start-line, Birmingham runs together.
Help protect and save thousands of families from the devastating effects of natural disasters and conflict with every kilometre you race! This is a shout-out to join #TeamOrange and walk, jog or run this race in aid of our EMERGENCY RESPONSE campaign.
Registration Fee: £28 Suggested sponsorship: £100
To book your place, please visit the Great Birmingham 10k website to register directly with the organisers and pay the £28 entry fee.
Once you have your place (or if you’re already registered) complete our sign up form below to let us know that you're running for us.
We can support your training & fundraising efforts, and cheer you all the way to the finish line! We’ll keep you informed about any meet-ups and training sessions, and let you know where you can find the other #TeamOrange runners on race day.
The Simplyhealth Great Birmingham 10k is known for its buzzing atmosphere, incredible supporters and the booming Birmingham anthems that rock the city's streets.
It doesn’t matter why you run, or how fast you go; everyone is a hero when they cross the line at the Simplyhealth Birmingham 10k.
Whether online or offline, get your fundraising off to a flying start. If you're setting up a JustGiving page, be sure to join our team to keep track of #TeamOrange's progress, or download a sponsorship form to get pledges in person.
Your fundraising could make all the difference...
Penny Appeal always strives to respond to global disasters and emergencies as they happen, but more importantly, we are always working to grow our capacity. This means delivering aid quicker, better and towards a more sustainable impact, benefitting more people than ever before.
The funds you raise are absolutely critical in our ability to act fast during a crisis.
War, famine, disease, poverty & climate change have immobilised communities in Myanmar, Syria, Yemen, Gaza, Indonesia and East Africa, and Penny Appeal need your support to be able to deploy life-saving medical aid, food, clothing, sanitation and shelter to those who've been left incredibly vulnerable.
Our teams are currently providing support in:
- Indonesia- Over 2,000 people have lost their lives, after the coastal city of Palu was rocked by a 7.5 magnitude earthquake. This was then followed by a volcanic tsunami, killing over 400 people and leaving thousands seriously injured
- Syria and neighbouring countries - where refugees are battling to survive
- Yemen - where civilians are targeted amidst conflict, faced with famine and struggling to receive medical treatment for Cholera
- Myanmar - where Rohingya communities are being persecuted
- Palestine - where people are living amid conflict
- Bangladesh - Helping victims of the Sunamganj Floods and providing essential aid to Rohingya refugees
- Areas affected by the famine East Africa, such as Somalia, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Kenya
We're asking you to raise just a minimum of £100, but we’re hoping you will do even more. It's a challenge so it's a great opportunity to push yourself.
How many lives will you save?
Get your fundraising off to a flying start by setting up your own JustGiving page to take online donations, which will be sent straight to Penny Appeal. You can also make the most of your fundraising and training efforts by sharing your story on social media. Don't forget to tag @teamorangepa for shares!