Manchester Marathon 2019
Sunday 7th April 2019
Join #TeamOrange for the Greater Manchester Marathon, one of the UK’s premier running events, famous for its fast, flat and friendly route.
Crossing the finish lines after 26.2 miles could be one of your greatest achievements, made even better by the fact that you’ll be raising funds to help support our EMERGENCY RESPONSE campaign to help protect and save thousands of families from the devastating effects of natural disasters and conflict.
We’ll support you every step of the way, right up until you’re perched on the starting line ready to undergo the most exhilarating race of your life!
Registration Fee: £65 Minimum sponsorship: £250
To book your place, please visit the Manchester Marathon website to register directly with the organisers and pay the entry fee.
Once you have your place (or if you’re already registered) complete our sign up form below to let us know that you're running for us.
We can support your training & fundraising efforts, and cheer you all the way to the finish line! We’ll keep you informed about any meet-ups and training sessions, and let you know where to meet #TeamOrange runners on race day.
Your fundraising could make all the difference...
Penny Appeal always strives to respond to global disasters and emergencies as they happen, but more importantly, we are always working to grow our capacity. This means delivering aid quicker, better and towards a more sustainable impact, benefitting more people than ever before.
When a crisis strikes, Penny Appeal provides Emergency Aid
The funds you raise are absolutely critical in our ability to act fast during a crisis.
War, famine, disease, poverty & climate change have immobilised communities in Myanmar, Syria, Yemen, Gaza, Indonesia and East Africa, and Penny Appeal need your support to be able to deploy life-saving medical aid, food, clothing, sanitation and shelter to those who've been left incredibly vulnerable.
Our teams are currently providing support in:
- Indonesia - Over 1,400 people have lost their lives, after the coastal city of Palu was rocked by a 7.5 magnitude earthquake
- Syria and neighbouring countries - where refugees are battling to survive
- Yemen - where civilians are targeted amidst conflict, faced with famine and struggling to receive medical treatment for Cholera
- Myanmar - where Rohingya communities are being persecuted
- Palestine - where people are living amid conflict
- Bangladesh - Helping victims of the Sunamganj Floods and providing essential aid to Rohingya refugees
- Areas affected by the famine East Africa, such as Somalia, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Kenya
Get your fundraising off to a flying start by setting up your own JustGiving page to take online donations, which will be sent straight to Penny Appeal. You can also make the most of your fundraising and training efforts by sharing your story on social media. Don't forget to tag @teamorangepa for shares!
For more information please contact our Head of Challenges Haroon on 07714 249 215, or email@example.com